Infants and toddlers are a source of joy and happiness to a household, but they’re quite prone to accidents. They’re at a stage where they can walk around and explore, but they maybe not really conscious of dangers around them like rats. That is why it’s the responsibility of their parents or guardians and Memphis Animal Control to be certain that the homes toddlers and toddlers reside in are safe and child-friendly. Here we’ll look into some of the frequent accident areas in the home and discuss how it is possible to create them safer for your children.
The stairs are the very first one you should inspect. The threat of being careless when using stairs requires no explanation. Even adults get injured when they move down and up the stairs recklessly. And the harms from stair-related mishaps are often serious. Here are a few ways to produce stairs safer.
· Including a slip-proof matting on individual steps
· Adding a soft rubber mat on the specific place where the stair ends on the bottom to reduce injury
· Teaching children stair safety
· Putting a non-slip grip onto the stair grips
Most adults know better than to poke their bare hands inside an electrical outlet, but not kids. One of the typical causes of child injuries is electrocution. Therefore, if you have children, make sure your electric outlets are safe.
· Installing electricity outlet covers help a whole lot in keeping your child safe especially if the socket isn’t being used.
· Covering sockets with furniture so it is hard to reach by children
· Renovating the house to transfer sockets greater beyond the reach of kids
The danger in the bathroom is slipping. Young and old people can fall prey to the lack of friction due to tiles that are wet. But sometimes, there’s absolutely not any way around it. Bathroom tiles will get wet and slippery. Here is what you could do.
· Place anti-slip vinyl or rubber mats onto the bathroom floor
· Change the tiles together with anti-slip tiles through renovation
· Add a soft pillow onto the corners of the sink and rubber cushion on the toilet seat to steer clear of injuries.
· Be sure that the soap is procured in the tray so it doesn’t inadvertently fall off and cause an incident.
Regrettably, they do occasionally come to the kitchen and play with whatever they can find there such as knives, forks, and other sharp items.
· Make sure that the oven has child safety features in order that they can’t open it and come inside.
· Secure knives in high areas so children can’t reach it.
Cabinets, Shelves, Corners of Tables and Posts
Kids love to research because for them everything is fresh, an adventure, but the shelves and cabinets aren’t places for them to attempt to climb. Be sure the cabinets and shelves are secured by the wall supporting so they won’t fall down if a child does climb up on them. The corners of tables and chairs as well ought to have cushions in case a child hits his or her head.
From childproofing your home, you can rest assured that your kids may enjoy growing up without getting to accidents, which can put their lives at risk.